Tuesday, February 17, 2009

What's in my lunchbox this week?

My lunch plans this week in all honesty have not been flowing as smoothly as usual. We had lovely people visiting at the weekend which distracted slightly because I much preferred hanging out with them to lunch prep. I also knew that I was going out for lunch on Monday so there was no sense of urgency.

Then last night Dear Heart’s sister came over and I got all distracted once again! I cooked up these carrot spirals which stuck to the baking sheet. I couldn’t make up my mind with what to put in the other sections so I think we might see some changes in the fourth box as the week goes on.

Breakfast hasn’t been planned well either. Let’s say that green lentils will be the basis of the first meal of the day this week. This is because I cooked up a load on Sunday to make the lentil burger recipe from How it all vegan. These turned out quite well and the leftovers have served well as breakfast between two pieces of bread with some vegan mayo.

However the lentils I didn’t turn into burger I put in tub. Then for some reason I put the tub into the freezer. So rather then being able to whip up a lentil loaf or more burgers last night I ended up with chunk of frozen lentils in a loaf tin. I did stir some spinach pesto in (having chunks of this in the freezer has provided so many quick meal solutions) and it tasted pretty good. Maybe this is a new way for me to use lentils. A kind of baked lentil salad?

So in the box this week:

Box 1 Apple Box 4 Cashews and green tea pumpkin seeds

Box 2 Carrot spirals Box 4 Kiwi fruit

Oh and lunch on Monday (tofu, noodles, chilli oil) was divine as was the company.

No comments: