Friday, February 27, 2009

What I wore 20th– 26th February 2009

I seem to have a renewed interest in wearing shorter skirts after years of favouring ankle length. Maybe I’m having a mid-life crisis and this is my equivalent of a bloke wearing skin tights jeans before buying a sports car. Of course, I don’t have beer gut hanging over my skirt so maybe it’s just that the temperature is warning up just a little and spring is in the air.

Lots of black making an appearance this week too. Is my inner goth returning or am I trying to blend in?

The next issue is what to wear to the pub to watch the rugby on Saturday? I’m assuming that Ireland will play in green (based on some kind of broad cultural association of green and Ireland rather than any knowledge of rugby or Ireland’s choice of sporting colours). Avoiding green will be a bit of pain given that it’s a wardrobe staple. Perhaps I can adopt Ireland for the day or wear one of the two red items in my wardrobe?


Friday
Refashioned green army top, black tights, short black skirt, black boots.

Saturday
Exercise clothes
Mens jeans, t shirt with grey dragon print, emerald green cardigan, brown boots, black velvet jacket, multicoloured knit scarf.

Sunday
Allotment clothes
Old jeans, refashioned green army top, brown boots.

Monday
Black leggings, black and white striped shirt, black knitted dress, black buckle boots.

Tuesday
Exercise clothes
Mens jeans, white v neck tshirt, fuzzy green cardigan, brown buckle boots, black and green necklace.

Wednesday
Green knitted dress, black vest, black leggings, black buckle boots.

Thursday
Exercise clothes
Mens jeans, turquoise vest, grey wrap cardigan, brown buckle boots, green and black necklace.

No comments: