Thursday, February 12, 2009

Things I Love Thursday

^Askingfortrouble on Etsy – I bought the most adorable cards for Valentine’s Day. In fact I actually bought two because I just couldn’t make my mind up which one I loved most.

^New cupcake recipe - I tried a new recipe for cupcakes out last night from La dolce Vegan. It made the most amazing cupcakes which rose really well and it didn’t need the electric whisk or want margarine and sugar creaming together. I’ll ice the beauties tonight. I did put loads of baking powder in. This made things rather amusing when I tried the raw mixture and was initially alarmed that it was a bit fizzy!

^Visits from friends – Two chums are visiting at the weekend which I am very excited about and I’ve got lunch with another couple of pals to look forward to on Monday.

^BBQ seitan – I bought a couple of cans of fried seitan mock chicken/duck stuff during a Chinese supermarket binge just before Christmas. I’ve been trying to work out how it would be best to prepare it. A little Internet research and I popped it in the oven with the aim of crisping it up. Which it didn’t but I did stir in some BBQ sauce and throw it back in for bit. Then serve hot on brown bread spread with vegan mayo for a BBQ seitan sandwich. Just needs a beer to go with it for the perfect dinner!

Also: Kilo tubs of peanut butter, mushroom muffins, making progress on the sewing pile, walking, buckwheat, Seven, aching finger tips, being cryptic, Henna, walking on ice, smiling and knowing that people wonder why, Motley Crue playing Download.

No comments: