Thursday, February 05, 2009

Things I Love Thursday

  • Walking boots – Given the heavy ice and snow I’ve worn these every single day for the last week. My feet feel warm in them. I feel properly dressed for the season and don’t have to suffer wet feet at my desk. I love having the correct stuff for the job.
  • Refried beans – In my lunchbox this week. They are so easy to make and taste so good I can’t believe I haven’t made them for so long.
  • Clearing out – I hoard cardboard and packaging materials to use during my periodic bursts of activity on eBay. Every so often I look at my study and despair at the clutter. So I cleared out a load of card, reorganised the boxes of stuff and went through the sewing projects I have lined up. One day the stash will be used and the clutter will be gone.
  • Choose to reuse Tuesdays- My desk in a pretty big building and on the first Tuesday of the month a swap table runs in one of the public areas. You can take anyway anything there but have to leave something in exchange. This week I took a load of stuff that I had cleared out and got a black zip up hooded top. Just the thing for walking when it’s too warm for a fleece but not warm enough for just a t shirt.
  • Buying CDs – Not only did the shop have money off almost everything, the dude at the counter engaged me in a discussion about the musical development of Alice Cooper.
  • Doe Deer – I love this blog anyway but I was really taken with 7 steps to a marvellous day and Dressing for your age. The article showing different ages on one model has reminded me to dress young if the urge takes me, and it probably will.
  • Fresh sheets on the bed, snow days, cute stuff the cat does, being on top of the washing, peanut butter and marmite, sleep.

No comments: