Tuesday, February 10, 2009

What's in my lunchbox this week

If I'm going to list what I wear why not what I eat!

I I tend to make up a batch of food on Sunday and eat it (or some kind of variation on it) for the rest of the week. I'm still getting to grips with portion sizes in the laptop lunchbox. So although I'm probably eating more reasonable portion sizes (instead of eating the lot in two sitting or making a tiny portion last all week) I'm still getting used to how much food it takes to fill the various tubs. I think I'm definitely eating a more balanced lunch though.
So here we have:
raw carrots
pears (these and apples are about the only UK grown fruit that is in season)
mix of brown rice and Buckwheat – Never tried Buckwheat before but it was reduced so I bought some and I’m finding it very good.
Chickpea and spinach curry – I fried some spring onions, added a very ancient Indian Oxo cube, cooked chickpea and spinach from the freezer. It’s not very spicy but totally yum.

1 comment:

The Vintage Kitten said...

Ooh you are so healthy. My lunchbox is sooooo naughty, I wouldnt dare show it! LOL! X