Monday, February 09, 2009

Walking, sewing and muffin making

What an excellent weekend

I got to experience the great outdoors on my usual Saturday walk. I was once again really thankful that I had walking boots as the snow was still quite heavy on some parts of the path. It did put a bit of time on my walk though. I’m training for the Moonwalk and really hope the snow is gone before I get to doing the longer training walks.

Following the great cardboard clear out, I got stuck into my makes, repairs and upfashions pile. I made a present bag for my Dad with a representation of the Tardis on it. He’s a big Doctor Who fan and one of his presents is related to this so it seemed appropriate. I even remembered I had a K9 brooch tucked away so I dug it out to include. Alas I forgot to take a photograph so I can’t display my handiwork here.

I repaired a skirt and a pair of leggings and altered an Icing t-shirt and an army surplus top to fit. I think I might be getting to grips with bust darts. Just doing the work on these garments has cleared part of my study. I now have two paper carrier bags of projects rather than an untidy heap. I’ve decided that I like to have my next project set up on the dress model immediately after I finish the current one. In this case it’s a pair of grey trousers that are destined to become a dress.

My search for an excellent breakfast has continued and I was totally inspired this time. I bought mushrooms for this weekend but for various reasons we didn’t end up using them. I thought about how I might incorporate them into breakfast thinking about some kind of pate and then I had the eureka moment. Savoury muffins! I did a quick google search and found a recipe. I then almost totally ignored it using my usual vegan muffin recipe and adding sun dried tomatoes. The only thing that I took from the recipe was frying the mushrooms first and adding herbs. These are totally delicious and will be making regular appearance on my breakfast menu. I’m now thinking of other vegetable combinations I could use.

Have splendid week and try not to worry too much – it’s only life

No comments: