Monday, July 21, 2008

You only find it when you stop looking

I ache all over today. Yesterday I did half an hour of rowing. It's much better exercise (and harder work) than I'd ever imagined. Despite the indecisive weather we had a fabulous time. A picnic on the river bank (supplied with style and Pimms by the divine Miss Mimi) followed up with half an hour actually on the river. Dear Heart and I took an oar each and attempted to make our way up and down the river without tipping our passenger overboard or hitting any other vessel. Lots of laughter.

Today I discovered this lovely link to an office where they have a had a decorated cubicle contest. It's so creative and fun. I guess it must be a good place to work. Isn't it totally marvellous what you find on the Internet when you are looking for other things altogether?

Last week as part of my ongoing quest to expand my boundaries/horizons I selected a couple of CDs pretty much at random from the 'A' section of the library. My choices(?) were Talkie-Walkie by Air and Move Along by The All-American Rejects. They were OK. I listened to both several times and did occasionally find myself singing along. I always though Air looked painfully cool and hence scary so I was pleased to find the album quite accessible and not too hip for me! I won't be adding either to my iPod just yet though. Off now to select something from B or Z.

No comments: