Tuesday, July 08, 2008

Oodles of noodles

I had lunch today with two friends. We popped to the noodle bar, started chatting and almost forgot to order! I like to try something different everytime until I've worked my way aroudn the menu and have decided which dishes are my absolute favourites. This probably works best because of my vegetarian/vegan diet. Few places have a long list of things for me to try although my local chinese does such a long list of tofu dihes I'm hard pushed to say which ones I've tried and which ones I haven't.

So I ordered noodles, tofu and vegetables in a broth. I was expecting a little bowl, not something that you could bath a baby in. To think that I was woried about making my 5 a day today. I wasn't quite sure how to eat it (it came with a ladle), but did manage to finish it. It's also a very good dish for anyone who wants to work on their listening skills - you can't talk and use a ladle/chopsticks/fork/spoon.

I think a very light dinner will be in order tonight.

No comments: