Wednesday, July 02, 2008

Summer Naturals

I like to use vinegar and bicarbonate of soda for cleaning. However, despite the supposed trend towards natural products it's been getting increasingly difficult to find white vinegar. BoS is widely available but in tiny tubs.

Happy last year someone wrote to the Guardian Weekend magazine with this query and someone suggested a site called Summer Naturals. I ripped the page out, stuck to the front of fridge and promptly forgot all about it until recently.

I purchased 5 litres of vinegar and 2 kilos of BoS. It's been great to be able to fill up both a glass bottle and a spray with vinegar. I'm planning on filling up a pretty jar with BoS and I'll need to find a suitable container to store the rest in.

I'm also going to give making my own table spray a go using the recipe here. I'll report back her and let you know.

And remember life is not a rock video but it's not a dress rehearsal either.

No comments: