Tuesday, June 09, 2009

What's in my lunchbox this week?

My strawberries are so close to being ready to harvest (jumps up and down with excitement and squeals with glee). I'm giving definite thought to some kind of (vegan) cream tea theme to my lunch box next week. In the meantime:

Clockwise from top right:

Radishes

Cucumber (and is it me or are there more cucumber being sold this year that aren't encased in plastic?)

Lightly steamed cauliflower - I got two from the market because they were cheap at the end of the day and let me tell you these are totally delicious. I'm thinking about these with a tiny smear of margarine the way I would normally think about mashed potatoes with loads of oil.

Nut loaf - I looked in the pantry and discovered I had several bags of nuts that needed finishing up. A quick consultation of Rose Elliot's Vegan Feast, a few minutes with a blender and a saucepan and this was in the oven. Topped with leftover mango chutney from a weekend curry.

No comments: