Monday, March 23, 2009

What's in my lunchbox this week?

I looked forward to eating this all morning.

clockwise from top right:

Lemon spinach - a Linda McCartney recipe that was soeasy I can't think why I've never bother before. In fact cooking spinach is so easy I can't think why I don't have it my box more often especially as the perpetual spinach is still merrily growing away on my allotment.

A mix of soy sauce and wasabi - I like to mix wasabi into my soy sauce so that come lunchtime you get a dipping sauce that brings the two flavours together. I think I might use a slightly smaller squirt of wasabi in future though. The sauce that didn't get used on the sushi got added to my spinach.

A piece of dark chocolate

Sushi rolls - filled with Umeboshi. These were so good. Sushi is really filling so five rolls was plenty and I managed to cook the rice perfectly for once. I need to make the rolls a bit smaller in future as the these were only just able to squeeze int the dipping sauce pot.

Pear - Getting bored of these - thankfully the Rhubarab on my allotment is coming along nicely.

I've totally failed at organising anything for breakfast this week. My pathetic excuse is that we had Dear Heart's mother over for Mother's Day. So it'll be toast unless inspiration strikes!

2 comments:

The Vintage Kitten said...

I have never tasted Sushi before (am I the only one?) but it looks so fresh and tasty and now the warmer weather is here I think I should give it a try X

Unknown said...

Just the thing to go with a Saki based cocktail! It's very easy to make