Thursday, March 19, 2009

Things I Love Thursday

*Unexpected produce – I just love it when I stumble across some potatoes on my allotment that have been unharvested, survived the winter and are ready for eating. Or garlic. Or spinach. Well, you get the picture.

*Making lists – Making a job list always makes me feel good. Even if I don’t get round to doing the stuff on it for ages, the very act of making one and I suppose planning for the future makes me feel good. Clearly the increased light levels have woken me up and I’m writing down all kinds of things to do.

*Realising that practice is all – and that most of practice is taking a risk and getting it wrong and trying and getting it wrong again. And even if you think you’ve got it there’s always more to learn.

*Treating myself – I arrived somewhere very early for a meeting the other day and usually would have wandered around trying to kill the time. Instead I went into some lovely tea rooms, was greeted by a very nice smiley man and had a pot of Earl Grey and banana. So I arrived at my appointment (a) on time and (b) feeling refreshed. The cost? £1.50. why aren’t I nicer to myself like this more often?


Also: Twice baked potatoes, making decisions and deciding the world won’t fall apart if I don’t do something, sunny days, postcrossing, sewing inspiration, putting loose change into bags and taking it to the bank.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Lists are great, as is the occasional treat! My TiLT is here http://sparkleandglitter.co.uk/2009/03/things-i-love-thursday-22/