Wednesday, March 18, 2009

What's in my lunch box this week?



Following last week's selection of foods that seemed to feature an above average amoputn of peanut butter here's the choice for new week:
(Clockwise from top right)
Tofu fish stick (from The Vegan lunch box - only I used frozen tofu whoch looked freakily like fish when I was dipping it in the mix)
Pear
Polenta fries (from The Vegan lunch box - do not make this when you are (a) tired from working and marathon training, (b) have just worn self our further bashing lumps out of white sauce and (c) without following the instructions for ratio between Polenta and water). They should be more fry shaped but they tate delicious anyway!
White cabbage, spring onions and radishes with a hint of rice wine vinegar.

Breakfast has been a bit varied this week as I was able to eat at home for two mornings and there are enough left overs in the fridge to provide me with variety. Likewise I find myself having a number of afternon appointments which distract me from the need to nibble midafternoon.

Expect something sushi like next week - I've got all the bits in the apntry jsut waiting for me to use them.

2 comments:

The Vintage Kitten said...

The polenta fries sound lovely. Ive never had them before, do you add any flavouring to the polenta?

Unknown said...

A couple of big spoonfuls of Nutritional Yeast to give them a slightly cheesy taste.

You've now got me thinking about all the other things I could add - olives, herbs, sweetcorn, sun dried tomatoes...