Tuesday, March 24, 2009

A photographic hitch

I'd planned to start posting occasional pictures of my good and lovely self up here. Mainly so that when I waffling on about a certain outfit or sewing project you have the faintest idea of what I am referring to. My plan was to use both my phone and the only full length mirror in the house to do the deed.

The full length mirror because it is the only one long enough to have any hope of capturing enough of me. I want to use my phones to take the pictures because then I can email then straight to my blog rather than having to switch on the laptop, wait an age for it to boot up, fiddle around trying to get the camera to download the pictures, connect to Internet and then post.

I then realised that the full length mirror isn't that great because it's at the end of the hall. There is a flight of stairs going down to the basement so I can't move back far enough to get my entire body in the picture. Also our mirror has its frame decorated with pictures of friends and family. This makes the pictures take on the look of some bizarre photo collage.

I guess I'll have to make an effort to display outfits on my dress form and go back to the drawing board for live shots!

2 comments:

The Vintage Kitten said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Crystal said...

Can you not just get a friend to take the photo(s)?