Wednesday, May 27, 2009

What's in my lunchbox this week?

A rather haphazard mix this week of combined sunday lunch leftovers and things knocking aorund the back of the cupboard.

From top right:

Aparagus - locally grown (not by me!) and baked for bit.

Cauliflower - The bits that wouldn't fit int he steamer when we were making lunch on Sunday

Rice spring roll wrappers filled with lentils mashed with various oils vinegars and spices, radishes, carrot, cucumber, white cabbage. I'm not very good at getting these to roll up. Contents were inspired by a recipe for vegan wraps from The Everyday Vegan. However I think the author had tortilla style wraps in mind, not brittle disks that need soaking and drying with a tea towel. This is the last of the packet I bought with a wheat avoiding friend in mind. I've no idea how I was intending to serve them to her but I probably won't bother - Life is too short to stuff a rice paper wrap.

Rhubarb crumble - Sweeter and runnier than I usually make it as it was served to our Sunday lunch guest. I realised that most people do not relsih the sour taste of rhubarb quite the same way as I do. I bought the rhubarb because my own plants have started to flowerand I still trying to work out if this is a good thing or not!

No comments: