Thursday, December 18, 2008

Things I Love Thursday

 Spa days – One of my dearest friends was bought a spa day by her husband for her 30th birthday. He was sweet enough to say that he thought she would enjoy it more with some company and invited myself and another chum to accompany her. Despite the dreadful cold I have at present we had a really lovely day. It was so nice to have time to sit and chat with lunch and treatments being the only interruptions. Obviously when she thanked us for joining her we explained what a test of our friendship it had been to have to endure a spa day!

 Discovering facials are not as I thought they were – I always imagined that during a facial you would sit in a dentist type chair while someone in a white outfit examined your face under a magnifier and bright light and made mutterings about enlarged pores. Imagine my joy to discover that it more like a massage in a candle lit room while snuggled under towels.

 Wet look leggings – I thought I was too old for these but to my astonishment they look pretty cool in a rock chick kind of way. I wanted a pair of wet look jeans when I was about 13 but I never actually got round to visiting the shop that had them. Clearly instead I needed to wait a couple of decades for these amazing things. Expect them to feature heavily in my 2009 wardrobe. My only sadness is that they don't go with my silver sequin dress.

 Having a grand weekend with my family – My sister and I did our annual Christmas shopping day and managed to add the weekend on so that we visited our grandparents and parents. Totally different experiences with each group but good fun. I would never otherwise have watched and laughed about The X factor final or have experienced what is in reality a working men’s club.

No comments: