Thursday, December 04, 2008

Things I Love Thursday

 My new boots – I got two new pairs of black boots from Bourgeois Boheme at the Christmas without Cruelty fayre on Sunday. They are fab. Alas I am now nervous about wearing them for the first time. I bought them for every day wear and not a special occasion so why am I procrastinating?

 Painting my nails with different shades of green nail varnish – I used to collect green nail varnish and had over fifty different shades of green at one point. I only used to paint my toe nails and one nail on my left hand. Hence the bottles got sued up very slowly. Today I have rediscovered the joys of painting random nails different colours.

 Beetroot with chillies – I keep buying bug bags of local veg which of late have included lots of beetroot. I’ve been trying different ways of eating it and discovered that boiled and them sprinkled with dried chillies is my absolute favourite.

 Making lists of things to do – Planning what tasks I will carry out over the next few days is a real pleasure. I always feel very happy and energetic when I am planning. The trick is not to get carried away with this feeling and plan more than you will do.

 Dark cherry mocha from Starbucks…I love cherry flavoured things and made with soya milk and no crème this is suitable for vegans.

 When drunk with friends on a Friday – One of my friends and I went for coffee after work on Friday and it was the nicest thing. It felt so sophisticated and Christmassy. We had the loveliest chat. She also advised asking for one shot more cherry and one shot less mocha.

 My hairdresser – I got my hair cut last night by my wonderful hairdresser, Lisa. Hard to believe that two years ago I hadn’t let a pair of scissors near my hair for a decade. My hair has been so good this year. I love the way that Lisa lets my style evolve a little bit each time.

3 comments:

Impossible Alice said...

Awesome list!! I found you on iCiNG - I hope you don't mind me dropping in!

Unknown said...

I'm thrilled you're here - drop in anytime. I had a quick peek at pixie kisses and I love it. One to add to my list of daily blog visit me thinks!

Christine said...

Mmm, that dark cherry mocha sounds delicious despite the fact that I've never heard of it. I'll have to put it down on my drinks to try the next time I'm at Starbucks.

I hear they have a peppermint hot cocoa...mmm.