Thursday, December 11, 2008

Things I Love Thursday

Finding new blogs – I love finding new blogs and the comments of blogs I already love are a great place to locate them. Last week I discovered casey paper rock and Pixie Kisses. It’s so cool to find out about other people in the world.
Magnificent, seedy wine bars – We went out in London for Dear Heart’s mama to celebrate being 60. Among a load of other tourist type stuff we went to the Gordon’s, a magnificent, Dickensian wine bar (no beer, no spirits – only wine) by embankment tube. My sister took me to this place last year which in all honesty looks like it isn’t open. I love well know n secrets almost as much as I love drinking in dives.
Wrapping stuff for Christmas – I’m almost done with wrapping my presents for Christmas in a mixture of fabric bags, recycled papers bags and, new for this year, cloth wrapping ‘paper’. My gift tags are made from last year’s Christmas cards. I want it all done by my spa day next Wednesday so I can begin to celebrate in earnest. I’d like to comment on the gifts I have bought but don’t want to spoil the surprise for any of my nearest and dearest.
Anticipation of seeing family – My sister and I have our annual Christmas shopping day tomorrow. Who knows which relatives we might hook up with up while out and about???
Fry’s peppermint cream chocolate – since Black and Green is no longer definitely vegan I’m exploring other possibilities. I’ve got some stuff that I’m saving for Christmas (it involves caramel and raspberries) but my treat this week has been the widely available Fry’s peppermint cream. Apart form anything else it takes me back to my childhood.

Apologies for lack of links. Either Blogger is having some kind of non-cooperative hissy fit or my computer is.

No comments: