Monday, June 30, 2008

A super weekend

I can't believe it's Monday already. The weekend just flew by. Saturday I got up early so that I could visit my allotment before the heat of the day got too much. Everything is growing really well. I bought home some baby spinach and more strawberries.

Dear Heart and I headed into London early afternoon togged out in our best rock gear. We were booed into a charming hotel in Richmond. We weren't there for long enough to do more than drop off our bags and head out again. We were both a bit peckish by this point so we had lunch at The Orange Tree before boarding the bus to Twickenham.

I couldn't believe the crowds of people or the queues for the ladies toilets! We totally lucked out with our seats as we were at the very top of some stairs and didn't need to squeeze past anyone. then it was several hours of dancing, singing along and getting totally caught up in the atmosphere. As Bon Jovi only decide on their set list shortly before the gig we just didn't know what we were going to get. What we got was totally amazing with a few surprises.

The is was back to the hotel for a few hours sleep before getting the train home. Sunday was spent in best 'rock star' style pottering around the house, sipping wine and topping up my hair colour with more henna.

I've got really busy ten days coming up so I'll have to make sure that I'm super organised so that I eat well, exercise, stay calm and don't collapse at the end.

No comments: