Friday, June 27, 2008

Living on a prayer

Such excitement. Tomorrow I'm going to see Bon Jovi in concert. I've been listening to their Cd's recently and discovering albums that I missed (How did Bounce manage to pass me by completely?) and rediscovering old favourites (slippery when wet, anyone?).

Dear Heart and I have been speculating what might be on the set list (bonjovionline lists previous set lists should anyone be interested) and how often Jon will forget the lyrics.

I find myself rather amused by what I consider to be appropriate wear and rather freaked out by my need to dress appropriately to see a band, by which I mean that I should dress like some version of them. For example, to see Alice Cooper I wore my goth princess dress with fishnet tights and long lace-up boots. But I'd consider that totally wrong for BJ. So I'll be dressing like the girl next door with a slight rock accent (jeans, Harley-Davidson vest and khaki shirt dress).

I'm looking forward to this evening where Deart Heart and I will get ourselves in the mood (just incase we weren't already) by watching BJ on You tube while supping beer or wine (although I do think Bon jovi wine would be going a step too far).

No comments: