Sunday, June 15, 2008

What to wear this week

I’m still getting into my stride as regards summer clothing. I really like to plan in advance what I am going to wear so that I don’t have to waste time in the morning. Last week I had a few days where I was very uncertain so I am going to lay it out here. I’ve checked the weather for the week and it doesn’t look very good. I may however utilise a tip I read somewhere about wearing a summer dress but carrying tights and a cardigan in your bag.

Monday – Black and white floral skirt, green top, linen jacket and green shoes

Tuesday – Jeans with red dress and white sandals

Wednesday – Black linen skirt and red sleeveless t shirt and thongs

Thursday – Jeans with white blouse (this is one of my home made, pattern free efforts) and black velvet jacket in case the temperature plummets

Friday – I will be at an exhibition so I will wear a linen skirt and jacket with a scarf. My DM sandals broke last week (I have had them for years) so if I haven’t managed some kind of repair I’ll need to think of something else to wear.

Saturday – Usually I wouldn’t worry about what to wear on a Saturday but I will be at work doing a summer reading promotion. This will require me to dress like a holiday rep/travel agent. I think I need some extra research for this

I‘m intrigued that I mentioned red several times here and that I am wearing red today (my red ‘in cahoots with the sun’ dress – Yeah I made it myself by Eithne Farry). What does a craving to wear red, when green is my colour of choice mean? I think I need to browse a few colour therapy websites

I do hope the week turns out warmer than predicted. I really crave a few lunch times in the park and dinner consumed ‘al fresco’.

1 comment:

Leanne Lonergan said...

Hi There!
Your wish is my command LOL
I am a colour therapist!!!
Wanting to wear red while your colour choice is green is showing that you need to bring things into balance.
Red is the opposite to green and perhaps there has been too much green..which might leave you feeling a little spaced out or directionless.
Red is asking you to be more grounded and to put more action into things!
Hope this sheds a little light!!
Cheers