Tuesday, July 28, 2009

What's in my lunchbox this week? and UK Lady Bloggers

Okay first off this week I'm eating a whole variety of different things in an attempt to make room in the fridge. I did intend to take pictures each day and make a lovely post illustrating the variety. Alas I wolfed down my lunch on Monday and then realised the lack of picture taking. So instead let me share with you some of the 'lunch' related activities of the UK Lady Bloggers meet up on Friday. We stood on Victoria station trying to decide what to do when Natzini sensibly suggested that we all pop up to Wetherspoons and enjoy a jug of cocktails.

So here is a jug of Frilly Tutu which definitely had some fruit in although I'm not certain it would count towards 5 a day.

This is the debris of the other half of lunch - cupcakes from the hummingbird bakery consumed in a pub across the road. Alas as they don't sell vegan cupcakes I was unable to partake in the sugar rush.







Then we all got a bit peckish and ordered some platters of meze and nachos. No one took the single slice of red pepper in a very polite British sort of way. Instead we carried on chatting as we had been all day about everything under the sun except blogging. It was a interesting day. A bit like 8 people who all live in the same street getting together. We knew stuff about each other's lives but needed to search for common ground. It really made me think about the boxes of getting to know you games for reading groups and made me wonder if we (I?) could adapt one of those for next time.

I'm certainly in for the next one anyway and propose starting with lunch (an excellent way to break the ice) and following up with a browse of a handful of charity shops. Also must remember to take more photographs.

Thanks to Aimee Marie and Vixel for sorting it out and everyone for being so lovely and braving various types of public transport in order to be there.

1 comment:

Mimi said...

Oh lord I am so jealous! I wanted to get to teh Hummingbird bakery on Monday, but we only just had time to collect our tickets and get dinner! What a shame they dont do vegan cupcakes though. I think a letter to the MD!