Tuesday, July 07, 2009

What's in my lunchbox this week?

After a few weeks of simple (uninspiring?) lunches consisting mainly of raw fruit and vegetables I one again felt the urge to make something more interesting. I guess the slightly lower temperature don't hurt either. For the first time in a few weeks not much grown at home produce in the box, but lots of local produce in the market and shops here.

Clockwise from top left:

Buckwheat - got to eat more of this stuff it's so easy to cook and so good for you

Peas - I used to hate peas as a child because they were too sweet but I am very fond of them now and I find shelling them a very calming thing to do

TLT salad - my take on a vegan BLT without the bread. Little gem lettuce, tempeh rashers and sun dried tomatoes in oil. Very tasty.

Red fruits compote - I love cherries but they like me better if I cook them first. So here we have gently cooked cherries, strawberries and raspberries. I got to use my cherry stoner for the first time too.

By the way I was interested to hear about version 2.0 of the Bento lunch system from laptop lunchboxes. I have no plans to upgrade but I always love to hear about new lunchboxes.

No comments: