Monday, January 05, 2009

My 2008 review

Food
Continued with my allotment and got a great crop of beans, courgettes, potatoes, spinach, peas and celery. Continued to work at eating vegan diet. Did lunch swaps with a couple of girls at work and blogged about it. Got a vegan lunchbox as a Christmas gift from a wonderful friend. Tried lots of vegetables. Tried new recipes – some were better than others.

Music
Saw Bon Jovi and Dragonforce live. Started my A-z music project that involves working my way through the alphabet listening to groups that have passed me by. Tried drumming. Played around with a bass guitar. Discovered the truth about virtual inlays.

Exercise
Took up Pilates. Continued with walks a couple of times a week. Bought my first pair of walking boots (and they were animal friendly).

Clothes
Purchased 10 items
1.Grey and black dress (new)
2.Green shirt (army surplus)
3.Green top (army surplus)
4.Buckle black boots (new and vegan)
5.Lace up black boots (new and vegan)
6.Walking boots (new and vegan)
7. Green mock croc heels (new)
8. Green heels (new)
9 &10. shiny tights (new and they only came in a two pack)

Dear Heart gave me a dressmaker’s model for Christmas.

Blogging
Started adding more photographs to my blog and discovered the joys of mobile blogging. Started using Twitter. Reading loads of fabulous blogs on a very regular basis. Inspired by Icing started tilt posts.

Other stuff
Took part in NaNoWriMo and completed 50000 word novel. Served mulled wine at town fireworks. Went on spa day. Stayed sober in January. Went to the theatre twice. Hennaed my hair with success. Did a great broadcast on local radio. Set up an Etsy store.

2 comments:

Michelle said...

wow, sounds like you're off to a great New Year!

Your blog caught my eye due to the vegan choices you make, so I just wanted to mention a great vegan site that I found.

I got a pair of the Solana boots @ http://www.neuaurashoes.com/ .

Check out there shoes, I think they're all great looking

Michelle said...

Midori,

One MORE great vegan site: http://www.vegetarianshoesandbags.com/

Noth only do they have affordable, trendy shoes and boots for the whole family, they also carry vegan handbags, belts, and more!