Thursday, January 22, 2009

Things I Love Thursday



Yea another cool tilt badge from Icing! Here's today's love list:

© Exercise – I got a bit out of the routine of exercising in the lead up to Christmas. It was mix of meetings, weekend commitments, illness and social commitments that lead to it. I’ve been trying very hard to get back into the swing of it again. Not least because my shoulders are aching and that tends to happen when I sit down for too long at a desk each day and don’t do any yoga. So I’m back on form with walks on Saturday and Tuesday, Pilates on Monday and Yoga on Wednesday. I’ve also been doing stretching and small weights in the kitchen while waiting for water to boil. I feel much better for it all.

© Using up stuff – In addition to tendancy to freeze food (particularly soup) that I have no immediate use for I also occasionally have food shopping binges. These tend to revolve around me either having time off work or visiting a health food shop/Chinese supermarket. Naturally I always buy more stuff than really required. So I’m making a point of making my lunches from what I have in the house. This week I’m enjoying pastry spirals that use a think vegetable soup as a filling. Next week I’m going to put the tofu skin (yuba) to use in a BBQ ‘ribs’ recipe. I love seeing cupboards get down to an elegant level of supplies and know that I’ve made good use of the excess.

© New bass strings – after my initial misgivings they sound great and I’m so proud of myself for getting the stringing and tuning sorted.

© The godfather – I finally got around to seeing this film and I can now totally understand why it’s considered to be such a classic film. I’m going to watch parts 2 and 3 over the next few weeks. I’m seeing mafia references in everything at present!

© Cups of tea – I love tea and am rarely know to turn down a cup but for some reason this week tea tastes even better than normal. I just can’t get enough of it.

Have divine week ahead and remember it's the small things that make life bearable.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Your posts are so divine! Never stop blogging!