Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Winter wardrobe part 1

Thanks to some reorganising I did earlier in the year my entire off season wardrobe no longer resides in one extremely heavy suitcase. I’ve moved all the footwear into a smaller suitcase. This means that I can adjust more gracefully to a new season as I can easily access a change of footwear without giving myself a hernia trying to get the suitcase off the top of the wardrobe and then back on.
Inspired by the difference I think this is making I had a bit of meander around the web to seek ideas. I ran across the well written downshifting - path to simplicity.
The post has reminded me that when I change me clothes over I don’t have to get everything out. I can choose to rest something for a season or two. I also liked this post on tradition skills and the list of 100 skills all chaps should have. I think there were 14 I could do with confidence.

I’ve started posting what I wore during the week on Fridays as a way of A) remembering between seasons what I’d been combining and B) working out what type of thing I wear most. This will help me decide when to remove items all together and when I finally run low enough to have to replace stuff what to replace. I’ve only bought 3 items of clothing this year and I think it will be some time before I need any new summer footwear. I'm in awe of those people who post photographs of themselves everyday with a list of what they are wearing, where it came from and their reason for wearing it. I'm not that good, but as a source of inspiration they beat glossy magazine anyday.

No comments: