Wednesday, October 22, 2008

If you’re looking to waste some time in a vaguely constructive manner…

You could probably do worse than take a wander over to the National Archives website. One of my many interests is family history so I‘ve wandered around the site during my periodic bouts of activity in this area.

They recently released (declassified?) a load of files containing details of UFO sightings.

There’s an interesting mix of handwritten forms, typed letters and computer printouts. I quite like the idea that there is actually a form called ‘report of an unidentified flying object’ and that someone sat and tough about the information required. One of the sections asks about background regarding the observer. Soberness (or otherwise) seems to be frequently commented on. One admitted he had had a few drinks, while another was a ’stable and sober lady’. I’ve never associated drunkenness with hallucinating lights in the sky, but perhaps I’ve been missing with the wrong type of drinker?

No comments: