Monday, October 13, 2008

Another week…

It really is rather astounding the way Monday come round so quickly. Then I’m even more astounded when I look back over the last week and see how things have changed and moved on.

For example, I’ve gone from worrying about what to do with my parsnips to wanting to buy more. Parsnips add a delicious sweet/sour tang to soup and coleslaw. They also perform very well in Parsnip dabs (from Healing Foods by Jane Sen). I’ve no idea what a dab is supposed to be like but mine turned out like vegetable nuggets and reheated very well. I think I might have a batch for the freezer coming on. My Mum has also come up trumps and emailed me 3 delicious sounding parsnip recipes.

Last week I stared at the boxes in my study and despaired that I would ever clear them (or my sewing pile). Yet inspiration struck and I have entered another bout of selling on eBay and managed to clear part of my sewing pile in a couple of hours.

I keep having random worries about Christmas presents and whether I can possibly get everything organised in the next eleven weeks. I have no doubt a wave of present related energy will sweep over me in the next few weeks and I will get it all sorted (because I do every year!).

I’ve come to the conclusion I worry too much, but if I stopped worrying would it still all get done? And what would happen if it didn’t? What if it is worry that makes the world go round?

No comments: