Monday, September 22, 2008

Toothache

So one week, I am a picture of health and the next a positive wreck. My wisdom teeth are playing up again. Hopefully I am past the middle point of this episode and on my way out and back to health. In the meantime, I have experienced swollen glands, headaches, nausea, lack of appetite and now itchy teeth. I am also beginning to understand the allure of a teething ring.

It has bought to mind the marvellous The Third Policeman and the pronouncement in one of the early chapters that very few diseases do not stem from the teeth. This is prior to the discussion turning to bicycles.

The Internet informs me that Saint Apollonia is the patron saint of those suffering from toothache. Apparently she had all her teeth removed or broken prior to be burnt alive.

I’m thanking the universe for Anbesol and off to test Echinacea as a tooth pain reliever.

No comments: