Thursday, September 11, 2008

Don't panic

Yesterday was hectic. Things started out fine but then I had more than I expected. So I left work at usual time rather than early as I had planned. Then the bus didn’t turn up so I got home much later than planned. I only had one book with me (The Heroin Diaries by Nikki Sixx) which I finished while waiting for the bus. This must be the first time in years that I haven’t taken a spare book everywhere.

The shower is leaking (although Dear Heart may have worked his magic on it). I had planned to make tortillas for dinner because I was going to get home early. I also needed to prepare lunch because it was my turn to provide lunch for our ladies who (pack) lunch Thursday.

My dodgy ankle went over as I was hurrying up the road so I’ve got some scraps and bruises. Also today is Dear Heart’s birthday so I wanted to double check that everything was in place. Arggg!

But everything has turned out Ok. Dear Heart and I did a little switch with dinner and had a toast based snack for dinner. Tortillas will be eaten tonight or go in the freezer. I made a lovely lunch which seems to have gone down surprisingly well. I checked everything was in place for Dear Heart.

I really must learn to recite ‘panic is not a word in my vocabulary’. Actually it wasn’t’ panic that slowed me down so much as the urge to tell everyone how much pressure I felt under – just like I have here. A little less conversation, a little more action –words of wisdom from the King!

No comments: