Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Leftovers


Regular readers will know that I love nothing better than whipping up a dish out of leftovers. Last night's dinner featured this pasta bake. I boiled some pasta for until tender and then mixed up with some Courgette and Tarragon soup and topped with some 'past their best' tomatoes before baking. The soup was one I made earlier in the summer when I had a major courgette glut. We got 10 portions out of the recipe including two I froze. I had the remains for lunch today and they were even more delicious (if possible). And there is still a portion in the freezer for me to play with.

Since I had the oven on anyway I also baked some plums, pears and apples. Preperation took place while the pasta was boiling.

Tomorrow night I'm trying out an experiement using left over celery and tomato soup, gluten chunks and rice to make a kind of casserole. I'm hoping it will be divine.

No comments: