Monday, September 08, 2008

Autumn wear 2008

Yet again I am trying to work out what to wear. Basically another load of linen stuff has ceased to function as it should this summer leaving me a little short on bottoms.

Items I have that are wearable: Jeans, black flowery skirt, wide black skirt
Items that are wearable when I get around to ironing them: Green linen skirt, cream flowery skirt, plain cream skirt.
Items that I can’t face wearing at present: white linen trousers, pink linen skirt
Items that need surgery to make them wearable: grey linen trousers, beige trousers

Given that I wear my summer clothes for about a quarter of the year I just can’t understand why they always seem to be wearing out? I seem to have a lot of ‘summer’ tops which don’t actually go with a single jacket or cardigan that I own meaning that they are only suitable for wear on very warm days. Also I’m less keen on wearing knee length skirts at present because (a) my legs have gone a very strange colour as a result of using ‘Holiday skin’ and (b) it’s too cold.

Quite frankly I could happily go to work in jeans until I get bored of them (and surely that won’t be until after I dig out my winter clothes). However that seems to dull for words and somehow cheating (on what or who I’m not sure – myself maybe?). Also I have had disasters in the past where I’ve spilt stuff on my two wearable pairs of jeans on the same day. Plus I can’t wear my denim jacket if I wearing jeans. So I’m giving thought to my transitional autumn wardrobe which will make the most of my summer clothes without giving me chills or being overtly reliant on my jeans.

My thoughts on this at present are around black tights. Leggings are much more comfortable but I just don’t see me working a footless tight look. I’m also looking at the cardigans I own and figuring out which I can wear as a kind of light jacket.

Of course, you can bet that just as I get warmer clothing sussed an Indian summer will kick in and I’ll be trying to work out what to wear that looks cool and smart!

No comments: