Tuesday, September 09, 2008

Real snail mail and the meaning of doodles

One of the total joys of the Internet is silly sites.

I’m quite taken with Real snail mail and I just love that the organisation behind it is called Boredom Research. Your message gets sent to a server and then waits for a snail to crawl past and pick it up. Then the snail carries the message until it reaches the drop off point sending on its way. Not certain how concerned I should be about the welfare of the snails?

This morning I found my self doodling for the first time in ages (maybe because I wasn’t actually sitting at a computer?). I did a load of 3D type boxes which is not the type of doodle I usually do. I’m much more a hearts and flowers type. So I decided to look up the meaning online.

So I peeked at http://drawsketch.about.com/cs/tipsandideas/p/doodle_boxes.htm which says that I have an orderly mind and love of routine (just what Dear Heart was teasing me about this morning).

I also checked out http://www.nationaldoodleday.org.uk/about/meanings.html
I love that there is a national doodle day. The interpretation was all rather vague, but strangely comforting. Anyhow as the site says : 'Interpreting doodles is not an exact science, but speculating about their deeper significance is fascinating and can be rewarding if it gives insight into ourselves, our friends, family or people we work with.'

I suppose random internet surfing (while avoiding doing something unpleasant or boring) can be seen as an electronic version of doodling!

No comments: