Wednesday, June 06, 2007

The curse of the roller disco

I fully intended to post an entry about celebrating my sister’s 30th birthday the day after. However, we spent the evening at a roller disco. Roller skates and alcohol are a dangerous combination (particularly when you have no natural sense of balance). I came off better than my Brother-in-law (looking forward to signing the plaster cast on his wrist).

My sprained elbow is improving. However, I find myself reaching further than it will allow me at times. Over the last couple of days I’ve replaced a book on a head height shelf, found I couldn’t raise me arm high enough to get the book on, but neither could I bring my arm down. Solution? Use my head to head butt the volume into place.

My behind is also rather bruised and clearly needs to have more fat on it (hello vegan cupcakes).

What else have I been up to?

  • I’m up to book 12 of the Stephanie Plum series by Janet Evanovich. A big thank you to the lovely friend who made me read them when I wasn’t sure.
  • I’ve discovered Facebook.
  • I wore the dress I made my Mum’s old skirt. I’ll post a picture here soon.
  • I changed my summer clothes over on Saturday, slightly earlier than last year. It was just as well I did as I certainly couldn’t lift a suitcase off a wardrobe at present. Alas when I tried to dress for work this morning I discovered that all linen trousers needed ironing (never a talent of mine even without a sprained elbow). Having located a pair of trousers with a patterned weave (excellent for hiding creases) I then discovered they are enormous around the waist. Clearly I need dessert more often.

I think I’m in something of an energy slump so I’m going to go with the flow for the next week or so and assume that high levels of energy will return as my bruises fade…

No comments: