Thursday, June 14, 2007

Fabric stash

A dear friend is getting married in August and for her hen party we are going to a Great Gatsby Party in the gardens of Easton Lodge. It's a 1920s theme night with a jazz band.

I intended to make a simple dress, adorn it with trimming, wear during evening and then remove trimming and have a pretty summer dress to wear.

With this in mind, I headed off to the fabric shop at lunchtime, with the vouchers Dear Heart gave me for Christmas. I had a hard time choosing between all the different fabrics on offer. I kept having to restrain myself from selecting something that I wouldn't be able to wear on a regular basis after. Happily I managed to find some fabric I liked in the quantity I needed in the remnants bin. I also found some pale green spotty fabric which will make a lovely summer dress. And I picked up some fabric dye to dye my rather tired looking once-cream espadrilles.

I left the store thinking about which fabric I would use first when I realised that I have perfectly nice green and gold dress at home that would do for the party. It has a tiered skirt with a very low waist. It will look excellent with a green and gold headband.

Now all I can think about is what other patterns I might use my fabric to make up. I'm rather busy over the next few days and the weekend which is rather frustrating because I just want to get sewing.

No comments: