Thursday, May 24, 2007

I walked the walk

Well, today I’m finally recovered enough to actually post about the Moonwalk. It’s interesting to note how much space is devoted to preparing for a marathon while what to do after tends to get skipped.

I made it round in less than 7 hours. I can’t recall if I feel better than I did last year or not. The weather was better; just fresh rather than cold and wet.

My sister was a total star. Not only did she make it round in less than 6 hours, but she had spent all day Saturday at college!

I’d also like to award a star to her lovely husband who allowed himself to be woken up at 4 a.m. in order to come and pick up at 6 a.m. Thank you, Mr T.

Also a big thank you to Dear Heart, who has been looking after me all week. I’m quite keen to get back in the kitchen.

I don’t think I’ll be walking again. Trying for a faster time every year doesn’t really interest me. However, I intend to keep walking every weekend and I think I might volunteer to be crew next year.

No comments: