Thursday, September 28, 2006

The party is over...

Well it's taken me about 4 days to get around to posting after the wedding. I sometimes find it really hard to talk about big events. As if by committing the memories to words, the memories themselves are somehow lost.

Despite the slight hitch with the flower girl dresses, things went relatively smoothly before the wedding. The Canadians didn't starve as a result of my hospitality. I managed to make some small alterations to my sister's second wedding dress without a hitch. I cooked her a nice simple dinner on Friday night (and was even organised enough to make the salad and herb butter in advance!).

My sister looked beautiful. Just totally lovely. She just kept grinning and snogging her new hubby. He seemed pretty chuffed with the whole thing too. Her speech was lovely (particularly the bit where she said that I was her best friend as well as her sister).

The thing is I really miss her now. She's away on honeymoon having a lovely time with her very nice husband and I selfishly want her back to talk about make up and clothes. I was amazed when they started out handing out thank you presents at the reception and I got 3! She'd already given a very pretty bracelet of green flowers to wear with my bridesmaid dress. There was a bridesmaid mug, a pair of rather fab knickers (from http://www.damato-bridal.co.uk/home.htm - there isn't pic on the site but let me say that they don't have much of a back but have a big ribbon tie instead, and a elegant gold bracelet from CK. But the cards that went with them made me cry and they continue to do so everytime I dare peek at them.

I was thrilled when she sent me a text just before leaving for her honeymoon (I didn't want to send her one in case I intruded on the time her and her hubby deserve to enjoy together)

Who would imagine that my sister would find a husband and I'd find a new friend?

Enjoy your honeymoon, Sis, and come and drink wine and do non-wedding shopping with me soon.

No comments: