Monday, October 02, 2006

From one Sunday to the next

Dear Heart and I were lying in bed yesterday morning thinking about getting up (well he was, I was nursing a headache as a result of not drinking enough water during the day and drinking too much red wine) and we ended up talking about the wedding. The strange thing was that it was really one of those conversations that we should have been having the Sunday before. We were talking about people that weren't there that we usually run into at family events. Rather sensibly the bride and groom only invited people they really liked and their partners so the atmosphere was fantastic (just like being back at university really). I started asking Dear Heart if he liked my hair and make-up. I had my hair curled at the hairdressers . I was a bit alarmed when it was first done as I had these really tight curls (flashback to 80's perm), but when the curls dropped a bit was so glamourous. I had my make-up to be done by Jenny Sherman from Perfect Creations www.perfect-creation.com and it was so fabulous. I felt like a movie star! It also stayed on all day even after I had my weep during my lovely sister's speech. I just can't wait to see the photos.

We also found ourselves discussing the flowers (done by the very nice Katie at The Flower Bar http://the-flower-bar.co.uk - her husband assures me he will put some content on her site soon). We all had these wrist corsages which looked great and meant you didn't have to hold flowers or find somewhere to put them. Additionally you simply couldn't wear a watch with it so no keeping an eye on the time (a curse of modern life I fear), instead one just went with the organic flow of things. We decided that the mysterious yellow substance that I managed to cover myself in was probably pollen (I kept my wrist corsage on the whole thing and alas it looked rather battered with wine stained ribbons by the end).

And the flowers decorating the mantlepieces had lots of picture of the bride and groom and their friends and family at various points in their life. It was great fun trying to identify who was in the photo.

And the dancing was such fun. The DJ played lots of really good cheesy dancing. I couldn't believe it when the lights came on.

Despite the headache and frequent rain showers the rest of Sunday turned out to be rather nice. I attacked the brambles on my allotment a little more and then came home and enjoyed a glass of red wine with Dear Heart. I went to bed unusually relaxed for a Sunday.

Let's hope the rest of the week is as stress free.

No comments: