Friday, September 15, 2006

Traffic, lists and vegan firefighters

Yesterday I wrote a job list to carry out when I got home. I love writing lists and them doing the things on them. It always makes me feel energised. As I've been trying to get to work for 8 a.m. (I get so much more done first thing), I decided that I would leave at 4 p.m. so that I could get home for 6 p.m. and do the tasks on my list.

However traffic was horrible and it took two hours for a part of the journey that normally takes an hour or so. Consequently I still arrived home at my usual time. This seems to be a bit of theme this week. Monday was the birthday of Dearly beloved. I wanted to make him a birthday cake so I got home for 5 p.m. to do so. Alas I didn't have my keys, so I had to sit in the garden and wait. I've been complaining that I wanted some time to sit in the garden and do nothing. It just goes to show - be careful what you wish for....

I did manage to make a bit of a dent in my job list but just didn't have time to do all of it. I got lots of reading done on the bus, but I so wanted to make a start on tidying the pantry. It's great to find an ingredient that needs using up and then think of a creative way of doing this.

On this note do have a look at this marvellous site featuring vegan firefighters! I found the link through another blog (but I didn't note which one it was - I'll try and find it again). The recipes are quite good. Hopefully they'll prove inspiration when I go to the supermarket tonight to shop for next week and the arrival of my relatives.

No comments: