Thursday, August 13, 2009

Things I Love Thursday

Big jars of buttons – I arrived at work last Friday to find on my desk the jar of buttons in the photograph and a cucumber. They’d been left by Mimi who knew that a) I love buttons and b) an always on the lookout for locally grown cucumber that isn’t encased in plastic. The cucumber came from a WI market and is currently being consumed. The buttons need to come home but are staying on my desk for a while because just looking at them makes me feel cheerful and inspired.

Watching shooting stars – Last night Dear Heart and I sat in the garden in the dark and watched the Perseid meteor shower pass over. It wet, past my bedtime and I had neck ache from looking up. It was also wonderful. I had a huge smile on my face. I saw six shoot past and the last (before cloud cover ruined any further hope of sightings) left a bright trail in the sky for a few seconds. I shall be visiting the British Astronomical society to find out about future meteors to observe.


Other stuff – working through job lists, peanut butter, wedges, green ink, planning tattoos, lunch with the ladies, fifty per cent off, giant courgettes, live music, routines, vegan ‘corn beef’ hash (thanks Dad), proper cider (except in snakebite), sweetcorn,

No comments: