Wednesday, April 01, 2009

What's in my lunchbox this week?

So what have I got this week?

Clockwise from top right:

Stewed Rhubarb - I did this in the microwave which was very easy. However there was quite a bit of liquid so I added a sample of Jordan's muesli that I had lying around that just so happened to be vegan. Very yummy and a change from pears!

Tempeh and dried apricots - I love Tempeh and had to resist eating the whole packet in one go. It's so good when it's fried. The dried apricots are the last of a bag from the stall on the market. I've got Crazy Jacks Apricots that I got at the Vitality show to move on to after these and they look totally different.

Carrots and hummus - Dear Heart and I popped into the Co-op on Sunday to buy something random and I noticed that there was a reduced pot of hummus so it came home with us to add a little something to my lunchbox.

Italian Style rice - A veganised version of a recipe from Lunchbox by Amanda Grant. It tasted a bit bland so I added some chili sauce. It reheats very well.

I seem to have been filling up the freezer a bit over the past few weeks so I'm definitely thinking that next weeks menu needs to clear things out a bit. Breakfast wise this week I've been eating leftovers (I just love it when the fridge has all kind of odds and ends in it) - Lemon spinach sandwiches, baked beans. I'm not finding that I have such a need for afternoon snacks so I guess that my body has adjusted to all the extra exercise.

Incidentally if you need inspiration to eat nice, healthy food, first lose your appetite by visiting this is why you're fat and then recover it by heading over to this is why you're thin!

No comments: