Wednesday, July 26, 2006

Before I go

Very soon I'll have to get on to a hot bus and hope my litre of water lasts me all the way home.

I feel much to hot to want to do anything. I finished a mock up of the flower girl dresses for my sister's wedding yesterday. It took so much longer than it should because I couldn't concentrate in the heat. After I'd finished I longed to do something utterly frivolous, but didn't know what. I wasn't hungry. With dinner to prepare and work the folllowing day a G&T probably wasn't my top option.

Happily today Mimi has sent me her copy of Little Lady Big Apple by Hester Browne. I'm so looking forward to losing myself in it on the journey home.

Tonight I'm going to make some courgette kofta. I managed to get a mix of yellow and green from the market on Friday.

And on the subject of food, a couple more things. Firstly does anyone ele crave salty foods like utterly yummy Marmite in hot weather?

Secondly I'd like to say well done to my Dad for managed to lose some weight and being so restrained when we had lunch at Wetherspoons on Friday. You are looking really good Dad! One of the things I like about Wetherspoons is that you can go to their website, follow the nutritional information link, select the type of diet you are following and it will tell you which menu items are Ok for you. Isn't that cool? It will also calculate the nutritional value of a meal.

And an update, I emailed Kenny at veganlunchcast and said I hoped he'd be posting again soon. No reply yet. Gorgeous vegan is back and sent a lovely reply to my email. Also remembered another 'lost' site - that of Chic Simple. One of the best bits was the questionnaire where their staff would tellyou which 10 items of clothng they would buy if an airline lost their luggage. I've planned many wardrobes over the years based on this. What would you buy?

I think I might be breaking my own little and often rule.

No comments: