Wednesday, June 07, 2006

Feeling hot, hot, hot....

The hot weather has taken me somewhat by surprise. I don't really trust and feel certain that at any moment the sky will cloud over and we will be returned to a state of grey chilliness. This has made me extremely reluctant to life the heavy suitacase down from the top of the wordrobe which contains my summer clothes. I am sure that if I pack up my heavy trousers, skirts and boots I will regret it.

As a compromise I've lifted the suitcase onto the floor and rumage in it every morning. However piles of clothes are starting to build up! It's quite nice to rediscover old friends among the summer clothes and even nicer to find that it all still fits (in some cases better than last year). All that walking must be paying off.

The change in weather has also caught my business planning unaware. I've been happily plannning chocolates to go in my summer parcels, but am now worried that they will melt. Such a dilemma over the alternative though. Sometimes its easy and somehting delicious and non melting will suggest iteslf because it fits in with the theme of the parcel or the colours work. I rather like wrapped Roses or Quality Street because they sprinkle themselves among the tissue and the other goodies in their pretty colours.

So what shall it be? Fudge? Coconut ice? shortbread biscuits? I'll have tothink quickly I've orders to fill!

1 comment:

Mimi said...

Fudge! Most definitely good quality scrumptious fudge. Probably easier to procure than coconut ice too.

I think that the reason this weather is taking me by surprise is that every day when I wake up I assume it is still winter, until the heat reminds me it might be summer!