Wednesday, August 20, 2008

David Bowie

It’s been several weeks since I selected some David Bowie CDs to listen to as a part of my musical discovery project. During that time I’ve listened to Low, Pinups and Aladdin Sane several times.

The first time Dear Heart and I listened to any of them weren’t that taken. However, on listening for the second (and third, fourth, fifth etc) time It all seemed very familiar. I will definitely be actively seeking out other Bowie CDs for my listening pleasure. I also want to read a Bowie biography.

The thing I’m finding is how much I want to cling to the established. It’s a great temptation to listen to something familiar and easy.

This week I hope to move to Y. I will resist the urge to select Neil Young (who’s many works I already enjoy) and choose something different.

No comments: