Monday, November 12, 2007

bread, boots and Lost

I think I've made progress with my sourdough. I've been making my dough too dry and the result is a very heavy bread. This week I made sure it was still capable of sticking to my hands before I began the second proof and it's much lighter with a chewy crust. I used rye flour and sunflower seeds for a change. The starter is doing amazing well and is happily bubbling away.

I'm getting in the mood to see Alice Cooper in Saturday night. I 'm so excited. I've wanted to see him live for well over a decade. I was really tempted to buy a new pair of boots f0r £20 from a cheap shoe shop. They weren't leather but I'm betting the glue was probably made from boiled up animals. they were probably made in a sweatshop as well. I resisted and got the glue out on my old boots. I don't very often get dressed up in rock/goth gear so a new pair of boots seems largely pointless. I am saving up for another good pair from www.bboheme.com

And finally, Dear Heart and I have been watching lots of episodes of Lost. Oh, wow. Every episode gets more mysterious. We're on the third series and I'm no closer to figuring out what's going on. I have to stay about from Lost websites, message boards and forums because I fear that I will be sucked in. On similar lines I've just finished a fascinating book on the Voynich manuscript. I suppose it would be the low tech version of Lost.

No comments: