Wednesday, October 03, 2007

You can't park there!

One of my pet hates are people who park in bus stops. As some one who makes extensive use of public transport I find it really annoying when the bus has to let people off in the middle of the road. It also makes it difficult for people with buggies and the less mobile. No point in having buses that can lower themselves to the kerb if the bus is nowhere near the kerb.

I also find it quite annoying when people park on double yellow lines. I see the on the narrow High Street of our town quite often in the evening when people just can't be bothered to park in the car park and walk a short way to the bank or to collect a takeaway.

This morning as I waited for the bus I saw not one, not two but three vehicles all parked on double yellow lines on the High Street. One was using the cash point. One lorry was unloading. Two men with high visibility vests labelled GWC where doing something around water mains (and dropping their cigarette butts on the pavement!). I'm hoping that they were unaware of the car park just behind where they stood.

It's obviously the day for it. The poor bus driver after navigating his way around this lot, then was bought up short by another trade van on a country road.

I got off the bus at the hospital (one of my days to walk in to work) and was forced to take a detour because someone was parked across the 'ambulances only - do not park here' area and obstructing the footpath to boot. If it was A& E they were after the entrance and drop off point was just round corner.

This has been a really grumbly post so I'm going to finish by sending out waves of good thoughts to all those people who make my easier by driving around doing deliveries and providing services. Next time you pick up a newspaper or switch on a tap remember that in order for you to do that someone drove van somewhere and send a happy thought to the driver (wherever they are).

No comments: