Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Why do these things only happen to me? - enter Cinderella

I usually get off the bus about three miles from work on Wednesday morning and walk in. I pack my clothes into my rucksack and, if there is no room for my shoes (as often there is not), I pack them in another bag. I have been using a sort of drawstring carrier bag (I got it years ago when I bought some dresses in Elle). It seemed to make sense to use it until it wore out.

Well, I think I can conclude that it has worn out. I arrived at work this morning, changed my clothes and then went to retrieve my shoes from the bag. However, there was only one in there and a big hole in the bottom! I clearly didn't hear the other fall out as I was listening to MCR as I walked (nothing like some angry rock to start the day).

So it will either be go barefoot for the rest of the day, buy some new shoes or hope that people think my my pairing of slightly grubby trainers with grey linen trousers and a lilac cardigan is a fashion statement.

Furthermore, what on earth should I do with the remaining shoe?

1 comment:

Barmac said...

Really sorry to hear about your mishap with your shoe but it did make me laugh - dont suppose we have any on our website I can sort out for you. Find it on my blog - http://barmac.blogspot.com
By the way I think your blog is great.