Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Yoga

I've been without a yoga class to attend for the last month or so. Happily there is lunchtime class that takes place an extremely short distance from my desk so at lunchtime I'm off to give it a try.

I'm excited by the prospect of doing yoga again. My attempts to practise at home (even aiming for just one exercise a day) have tailed off.

However, as I found myself putting together the kit I needed for today it began to dawn on me that this will probably be slightly different to my experiences of yoga so far. It won't be in a church hall where the temperature plummets in the winter (even with the heating on). I think there are proper changing rooms. It seems unlikely that the tutor will be a wonderfully eccentric art tutor who throws in exercises from other traditions if he thinks they will be valuable.

However it will be lovely to stretch my body again. Walk training has been keeping me fit but possibly not flexible.

No comments: