Friday, December 08, 2006

What shall I wear to the ball?

Oh I’m in a bit of dilemma. There I am trotting along enjoying wearing over and over the small number of lovely items that is my winter wardrobe. And then, KERPOW!, party season hits and I find myself in a regular old pickle.

I’m Ok for the drinks party at the home of some pals this weekend. I can do restaurant casual for dinner to celebrate my mother’s birthday next week. However I’m bit stuck as far as a knees- up at in the ballroom of pub/hotel. I fear that I have spent fat too much time making my summer wardrobe lovely and rather neglected winter wear. I suppose I’m far less likely to go out in the winter when I could be snuggled by the fire.

Usually I’d dash to Primark or somewhere similar. However I read another article this morning about poor conditions for the workers who make ‘value’ clothing and so feel a bit uncomfortable doing so. I guess I’ll have to have a really good rummage through my wardrobe (there might be something I’ve forgotten!) and if not visit a charity shop.

I could run something up but due to manufacture of Christmas bags I’m a bit short on time. Even if I went with something a la Yeah I made it myself I’d probably have to buy some fabric (more ethical dilemmas, what type of fabric to choose, what would I wear with it, would it stay together?).

Watch this space for an update and do tell me what you’re wearing to party at present to inspire me.

No comments: