Thursday, August 03, 2006

Happy shopper

So yesterday lunch time I trotted off to Primark to buy a linen skirt. Sadly everything was either really wide, a strange colour or ruined with bizarre decorations. While wandering around I spotted a grey pencil skirt and remembered seeing a grey fitted dress in the window of another branch. Yet another circuit of the store failed to reveal where the dresses were.

I then spotted a woman carrying one and had to resist an overwhelming urge to grab her and ask her where she got the dress from. I finally located one at the 'waiting to go back on the shelf' area of the changing rooms. Alas both the skirt and the dress were way too big around my waist.
I then tried New Look (also spurred on by rumours of a £5 shoe sale). Alas nothing caught my eye. I headed on to M&S. Making a purchase on the grounds that they were green and reduced, I bought a vest and a galaxy top. I then crawled back to work and began to panic about what on earth I was going to wear for the rest of the summer and wondered what had possessed me to buy two tops. Channeling Honey Blennerhesket (or should that be Melissa Romney-Jones) I tried to think of three positive outcomes.

1. Better that there weren't lots of lovely things in Primark (or elsewhere) as avoided spending lots of money.
2. If Primark had had what I wanted wouldn't have found green tops in M&S.

I got a bit stuck on 3 until I went home and discovered that the galaxy top goes with so much of my wardrobe I am at a loss to know what to wear it with first!

Currently working on wardrobe alternatives to long linen skirts. Cropped trousers have been suggested and I feel that my A line skirts could play a fuller role than they already do.

Any suggestions, dear reader?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh, yes! Take an a-line skirt, and give it the Melissa...or Honey treatment!

Take yourself off to the nearest haberdashery, and purchase a variety of pleasing to the eye green buttons. Now sew them along the hem of your skirt to make a pleasing feature on your skirt.